Creating Downloadable Products in a Product Listing
Downloadable Simple Products
To get started:
- Go to the Seller Dashboard > Products > Add Product to add a new Simple.
- Tick the Downloadable checkbox.Craftrina supports uploading of multiple files per product!
- Next, select the Add file button, and then name the file. Enter the downloadable URL if it’s hosted elsewhere (like Dropbox for example), or select the Choose file button to either insert an existing file from your Media Library or to Upload a new file. Upload the file and > click Insert to set up each downloadable file URL. Match the URL of the product to the URL of your site (external site URL).
- Enter one file per line
- You can also upload and add multiple files by packaging the files in a ‘zip’ file.
- Enter the Download Limit (optional). Once a user hits this download limit, they can no longer download the file (we recommend a max of three times). Leave the download limit blank for unlimited customer downloads.
- Enter the Download Expiration. If you define a number of days, download links expire after that. Leave this section blank for no expiration on the files.
- Click >Save.
Variable products can also have downloadable variations. By adding a “variation” tick in the “Downloadable” checkbox, more options appear.
Variable product options work the same as regular products options: Set the file path, optionally choose a download limit and expiry, and click > save.
Combining Downloadable and Virtual Products
If you tick the “Downloadable” check-boxes, products can have stock and are treated as physical products. This allows you to sell downloads as well as real physical products together.
If you want to add or sell a downloadable product that is not physical, also enable the “Virtual” option.
The ordering process for downloadable products is:
- User adds product to their cart.
- Users checks out and pays.
- After payment, several things can happen depending on your setup:
- If items in the order are all downloadable + virtual, the order is complete.
- If items are physical and downloadable/virtual, the order is processing until you change it.
- Once complete, or if the option “Grant access to downloadable products after payment” is enabled, the user can:
- Be granted download permission
- See download links on the order received page
- See download links in their email notification
- See download links on their ‘My Account’ page if logged in
Users can then download files.
Customers receive an invoice/order confirmation with a clickable link to download, if the order is processed and paid.
Managing orders with downloadable line items
- Go to: WooCommerce > Orders and select the order you wish to view or edit.
- Scroll down to the Downloadable Product Permissions meta box, which displays the download and how many times the customer had accessed it.
- Revoke access, grant access to new downloads, or exit order.
Download Logs and Reports
Downloads of digital/downloadable products have unique IDs that are tracked and logged in the Reports section.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Shoot us a message and we’ll be happy to help!