Basic License at No Additional Cost
All of our digital products include an easy to understand Basic License at no extra cost!
Our Basic License allows you to
- Use resources to create a free end product or product for sale
- Use resources within personal and contracted client projects
- Use resources in multiple projects
- Use resources on their own; not as part of a wider original design You must combine resources with other original design work and not use them as the primary integrity / design element within a design. Please see the resource specific FAQs for more details/exceptions. If unsure please do contact us.
- Redistribute, sublicense or share resources
- Resell resources as digital stock images/downloads
- You may not resell work created from our resources in a way that is seen to compete directly with the original product creator. E.g.: Downloading an illustration pack, combining the illustrations to create a new illustration and reselling this as a downloadable stock image.
Resource Specific Licensing Details
- Use them in e-books, online publications, and websites for personal use or one-time client projects
- Use them stand alone for logos as long as they are for personal projects or an individual client
- Use them stand alone to create printable items for sale such as birthday cards/posters if I provide my client with a flattened .PDF
- Use them stand alone to create an original slogan/phrase for sale on items like mugs, t-shirts, tote bags, stickers, etc.
- Use them to create Word Art for personal projects or an individual client as long as they are being used as part of a wider design and not as a singular word
YOU MUST CONTACT US IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO:
- Use this font within application design
- Use them to create graphic flattened alphabets, letterforms, digital alphabets (alphas), die-cut patterns or stencil designs
- Create an editable logo template available for resale
- Embed the font on a third party/Print on Demand website where third parties who are not licensed are able to work with the font
- Use them to enhance my web design or print design work
- Use them where they would be an integral part of game play in a gaming app
- Use them as a primary illustration or logo mark for an organization
Mockup Templates & Scene Creators
- Use them as a visual template to showcase my original design
- Use them to create a digital print to present my original design
- Use them within a WordPress theme or website template, either as part of a flattened, wider design, or to showcase my branding using the mockup template, as filler content within the layout
- Resell the individual items that make up the mock-up template/scene creator
- Include isolated mockup templates or scene creator items within a WordPress theme or website template available for resale, wherein these items could be extracted in any way, and used by third parties
- Can I use them as a background within my original design?
- Can I use them as an overlay within my original design?
- Can I use them to fill specific areas within my original design?
- Use them stand alone on items for resale such as iPhone cases, bags, t-shirts, etc.
- Use photo on its own; not as part of a wider original design
- You may use the photo on its own, there is no need to combine it with other original design elements; for instance, you may use it on a postcard or greetings card with no other design elements included, up to 50 products. If your project exceeds this, please contact us
- Use the photo in a mobile application or electronic template for resale
- Use the photo on print runs of items such as cards, stationery, stickers and other paper products
- Our license allows for a print run of up to 50 products. If your project exceeds this, please contact us
- Use the photo on runs of items such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, or other apparel, games, toys, entertainment goods like CDs or DVDs, framed or mounted artwork?
- Our license allows for a run of up to 50 products. If your project exceeds this, please contact us
- Resell or redistribute resources as digital stock photo image/downloads
- You may not resell or redistribute photo images in a way that is seen to compete directly with the original product creator. E.g.: Reselling a photo as a downloadable stock photo or placing it on a free photo download website
- Use the photo as a trademark or logo design
- You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. E.G.: You cannot create a painting based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author
- You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory or another unlawful manner
- Sensitive Use Disclaimer Required
- If you use content that features models or property in connection with a subject that would be unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person (for example, sexually transmitted diseases), you must indicate: (1) that the content is being used for illustrative purposes only, and (2) any person depicted in the content is a model. For example, you could say: “Stock photo. Posed by model.” No disclaimer is required for “editorial use only” content that is used in an editorial manner.
- Use resources for personal use to create designs and gifts for myself, family members and friends
- Use resources to create posters, calendars, fine art prints etc.
- Distribute a kit of digital files that contain modified versions of Craftrina’s digital resources
- Resell or distribute the resource ‘as is’
- Upload any derivative works to a stock image website.
- Sell/ give away any of the resources in their original format/ as provided by the designer
- Use my Craftrina’s resources for the purpose of promoting or creating other digital or paper scrapbooking kits for sale
- Use them as a background within my original design
- Use them as an overlay within my original design
- Use them as stand alone
Vectors & Illustrations
- Turn the vector/illustration into a repeating pattern, texture, icon or other design resources for resale in a new format
- Provide your client with the source files
- Deconstruct the vector/illustration and resell the individual parts
- Use a vector/illustration as a primary logo mark for an organization. (The exception is logo creation kits, which are designed to help you craft logos. However, you cannot copyright these end logos, as the design elements are not unique to you)
All of our licenses are single user license only- meaning only one person can install them and use them. If you require a license for a team, please contact us and we can organize a team license for you – we simply charge the bundle or shop product price times the number of licenses you need.
What is a single user license?
A single user license means that only the person who has purchased the digital bundle or shop product is licensed to use the resources contained within the bundle/shop product. You are allowed to use these resources across 3 active devices as part of your license.
What is meant by an original design?
An original design is a design where purchased resources are not used stand-alone (except for fonts) but instead are combined with other resources, artwork or original design work, so that your purchased resources do not constitute the primary integrity of the design. If you are unsure of whether your design constitutes a ‘wider, original design’, please do contact us – we are happy to help.
If you are in any doubt please contact us.
We recognize that some of our customers are involved in much larger projects. If you need to exceed our limits – please contact us and we can supply you with further information on purchasing an additional license to allow for higher usage. This is quite normal when working with large corporations and companies, as large-scale usage licenses are common place for these types of businesses.
Can I sell my original designs on Print on Demand (P.O.D) websites?
You can definitely sell your original designs on P.O.D websites as long as you are selling a flattened design where the resources cannot be extracted by a third party. Fonts cannot be embedded or uploaded to any P.O.D website, as this would allow for third parties who had not purchased a license to work with them. However, uploading original, flattened artwork (such as backgrounds, wedding invitation templates, etc.) and allowing third parties to add custom text using the P.O.D website’s standard font options is allowed.
What if I need to provide my client or printer with original source files?
You are allowed to provide your printer with source files for the sole purpose of printing your work, provided that once the printing has occurred, they will delete all files from their system.
You are not allowed to provide your clients with layered, source files. Instead they should be provided with final, flattened designs. If your client requires access to source files to make additional changes to your design, they will require a license for themselves.
My query isn’t answered here – what should I do?
We are so sorry if we haven’t addressed your specific query in the FAQ’s section. We are always open to expanding our license for our community to ensure better clarity for all queries so please contact us with any questions or concerns.